Null

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
1926CredenzaOwner
Victor II

Null

Post by 1926CredenzaOwner »

!
Last edited by 1926CredenzaOwner on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: Ruth Etting "Moonlight Saving Time"

Post by OrthoSean »

That's a great disc! I actually picked up a second copy of it at the last Wayne show, just so I'd have a "strictly victrola" copy. I'm weird like that. I have another version of this on Velvet Tone, probably by Jack Albin's "Hotel Pennsylvania Music" (not certain, honestly) that has a great male vocal. If I can put my hands on it easily enough, and don't count on that, I'll add it to my "to post" pile that is growing daily.

Nice quality videos, too! I really should invest in a better cam one of these days, but I keep spending my play cash on records instead! :lol:

Sean

1926CredenzaOwner
Victor II

Post by 1926CredenzaOwner »

!
Last edited by 1926CredenzaOwner on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

Yep, I hear ya. I've been sinking loads of cash into my house lately trying to get the cosmetic stuff looking better.

If I can find the disc I have on VT, I'll put it aside and at least do an audio transfer for here. I'll probably come across it while looking for something else, since I'm not sure who the band is exactly and I have them filed alphabetically by artist. Then again, I might be able to find it in one of the title indices from one of the Rust books...

Sean