Just Humming Along - Durium Dance Band

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
richardh

Just Humming Along - Durium Dance Band

Post by richardh »

This song is taken from one of those flexible disks which were made of card laminated with something or other that have the grooves pressed into it. These I guess are like those "Hit of the week" disks which were given away (?) with magazines. I shouldn't think these were very durable when played with a heavy pick up..but this one is in quite nice condition. I haven't used any click repair in this one at all.

The song is "Just Humming Along" and the vocals are by Al Bowlly.

JUST HUMMING ALONG - DURIUM DANCE BAND

RJ 8-)

WDC
Victor IV

Re: Just Humming Along - Durium Dance Band

Post by WDC »

That's a great record, Richard. I have been always impressed by the rich sound the HOTW discs could produce. And they can stand a steel needle pretty well too.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

It certainly is a great tune. A real toe tapper.
Did Bowlly record this song for any other label?

richardh

Post by richardh »

gramophoneshane wrote:Did Bowlly record this song for any other label?
Shane,

I don't think he did..or at least I'm not aware of it. Although there are some instances where he did record the same song with different bands, one example is his recording of the song "Little lady make believe" which he recorded twice for Decca in 1938. One version was as part of a medley with Felix Mendlesson and a full version with Lew Stone. Recorded about 3 months apart. IMO his version with FM was the better one as the Lew Stone version is a bit wishy washy. I have these two versions transferred somewhere, when I find them i'll post them.

RJ 8-)