Under The Anheuser Bush - Columbia Record

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

Under The Anheuser Bush - Columbia Record

Post by SonnyPhono »

Does anyone know much about this song, it's recordings, or rarity. I found one and played it for my dad as he is an engineer at Anheuser Busch and he got quite a kick out of it. Then, unfortunately, it was dropped and broke. I can't seem to come up with another anywhere. I have watched ebay and searched quite a bit only to come up empty handed. I did see an Edison cylinder on ebay about a month ago but it went for around $120. Anyone have any information on this song and/or how I could get another copy? Thanks!

Shane
Victor II

Re: Under The Anheuser Bush - Columbia Record

Post by Shane »

I just found a youtube video of two songs, including the one you're after. Unfortunately the audio is kinda bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0qeqXFV_H4

SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

Post by SonnyPhono »

Great! Thanks for posting that. At least I can listen to that for now until I get a copy sometime! :D

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Sonnyphono,

I'm surprised this title went on eBAY for $120. I'm sure you can find a nice one, (wax Edison) for around $20-25, maybe much less if your lucky.

The $120 bid must have been a fluke.

I have the record but not sure if it's in Europe or the USA. I'll try to remember and if I find it I will post a better quality video on my youtube channel, "Cylinderphonograph".

Regards,
Valecnik.