Keep young and beautiful

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
richardh

Keep young and beautiful

Post by richardh »

Instead of just an audio transfer I have, for a change, put together a you tube video. This one is of Carroll Gibbons and the Savoy Orpheans playing "Keep young and beautiful". The disk is one from my collection and the pictures in the video are ones I have shamelessly borrowed from the internet. Enjoy!

RJ 8-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM1JCjWI3OY[/youtube]

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Keep young and beautiful

Post by Valecnik »

Richard,

Great work. The pics and the music go very well together. Thanks for posting!

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

Hi Richard:

Great Video!

I'm wondering, have you ever seen the original version of the song? It's a "Pre-Code" production from the movie Roman Scandals (1933). Pretty racy for it's day, and some scenes are suggestive, even by today's standards:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=285-qOZjt2g[/youtube]

(At 1:24, you'll spot a very young Lucille Ball--she's the blond on the left.)

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Oh death where is thy sting, I don't care 'cause I've seen everything!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it-one of my favorite movies of all time! One of my favorite songs too! Thanks gents!

Regards,
John

P.S. there's another movie with a phonograph in it if anyone has the DVD. In the build a little home sequence. I only have a VHS of it so I haven't been able to get a screen capture.

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Ortho_Fan wrote:Hi Richard:

I would have never picked up on that being Lucille Ball. She couldn't have been much more than 20 when this was filmed.

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Valecnik wrote:
Ortho_Fan wrote:Hi Richard:

I would have never picked up on that being Lucille Ball. She couldn't have been much more than 20 when this was filmed.
Bruce,

I knew she was one of the Goldwyn Girls in Roman Scandals, but I was never able to pick here out. She looks so different!

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!