Columbia 20th Century 6'' long 3-minute cylinder records

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
PeterF
Victor IV

Re: Columbia 20th Century 6'' long 3-minute cylinder records

Post by PeterF »

But that would obviously need to be a completely different cylinder than this, with an entirely new recording and mold, using the 4-minute thread pitch rather than that used on the 2- and 3-minute cylinders.

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Thanks Peter.
I guess it would be up to Norman if he would want to do it. I'd be in for 2 copies. :)
John

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Huzzah! Looking forward to a copy. :D

Bill

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Friends, the first batch of the cylinders is now complete. This batch will serve everyone who participated with a payment during the funding period.

I will dispatch everyone's cylinder at the same day next week. Each of you will receive an individual e-mail with a parcel number.

Please note: To keep shipping affordable, I ship by registered airmail letter (it is actually a small and sturdy package, though).

A few words about shipping: The average delivery time is about 12-14 business days, but can vary. It is mostly depending on USPS processing. With this shipping method, there is no real-time tracking available as it would have been with a regular package (FYI: The identical box shipped as a regular package does easily cost $45). However, should your cylinder not have arrived after three weeks, I can file an investigation, which usually will lead to a delivery after all.

In almost 20 years, no cylinder that I have dispatched worldwide was lost.

I will also post this information in the Yankee Trader section: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =9&t=27878
Attachments
bbts.jpg

Steve Levi
Victor II

Post by Steve Levi »

Cylinder arrived today, safe and sound. I am so impressed! Sound is clear and smooth as silk. I also like the container graphics. Many, many thanks to Norman Bruderhofer for his manufacture of this 6" cylinder. Another big thank you to Peter F. for pulling this thing together! Hope there is another run someday. Steve

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Thank you, I am more than pleased to hear that you like the cylinder!

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

All backers of this project should now have received their respective records. And thanks again for the further nice feedback I that recently got e-mailed. Doing a cylinder for a machine that I don't have myself was quite a challenge, but thanks the professional work of Vulcan and Peter's help, I think we've made it. :D