Must be broken immediately after broadcast

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
jazzgirl1920s
Victor Jr

Must be broken immediately after broadcast

Post by jazzgirl1920s »

This is a non commercial 78 produced by Brunswick for use by radio stations. A very good reason why these records are so fantastically rare is that they were produced in small quantities only for radio stations and that message on the label that doomed the record-Must be broken immediately after broadcast. I have only seen one of these records on this special Brunswick radio broadcast label.
Attachments
breakafterplay.jpg
breakafterplay.jpg (55.54 KiB) Viewed 1979 times

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Must be broken immediately after broadcast

Post by MordEth »

jazzgirl1920s,

Thanks for sharing yet another interesting label—I’ll have to get right on cutting out at the very least some of the labels you have posted.

I just finished a rather intricate Lyric Record label that 3victrolas was kind enough to share with us (and you may be interested in checking out), and doing circular record labels is a lot easier; I can churn those out pretty quickly. ;)

And I’m still slowly making my way through your YouTube videos, which are superb.

Thanks again!

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Jazzgirl...,

A wonderful rarity! Thank you for sharing it. I've never seen one of those before and the only records I can recall which had to be returned and destroyed where V-Discs off the top of my head, although I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

PhonoJack
Victor Jr

Post by PhonoJack »

This thread reminds me of the Dick Clark TV broadcast of American Bandstand. How many remember when after playing a new record he would askthe audience at home, shall we make it or break it?

If I remember correctly, those were 78 records that he'd drop on the floor. The vinylite 45's came later.

Do you remember? Of course I was just a kid. :)

PhonoJack