Are Uncle Josh Stories In Print?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
maginter
Victor II

Re: Are Uncle Josh Stories In Print?

Post by maginter »

Nice picture! There use to be a big oak tree that overhung the site, but heavy storms and winds took it down about 4 years ago. About 12 years ago it was vandalized. A group of us got together and got the original repaired. Thus the heavy line on the left extension of the cross. The city of Tipton was nice enough to pour a new cement pad. Not a lot of people know about it, but it is really something that we need to preserve.

Rod mentioned all the books. As I was doing a research for Cal Stewart, I was able to pick up a first edition that Cal signed over in pencil to his "little sister". Then signed forward to her God-Father. It is a really neat find and one that I own proudly in my collection.

Mark
Last edited by maginter on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Hi Mark,

Was it you who set up that restoration a few years back? I remember reading about it and seeing the pictures at that time. Great job, and thank you!!

Can you post a picture of the signed book? That would be awesome to see! Was this given to his sister-in-law or his sister? I found something interesting the other day--it was the marriage certificate of Stewart and his SECOND wife. I had only thought that he had been married once. Still no luck finding anything on his parents. Would love to know more about his early life.

Mike Sorter

maginter
Victor II

Post by maginter »

Sorry, I lost my computer and am just now getting back to answering this.

Yes, I was the one that lead a small group of us collectors to restore the grave marker.

It was actually his sister-in-law Marjorie Waugh, but Cal always referred to her as his "little sister". Then she signed over to pastor of St. Edward's Catholic Church in Lowell, Rev. Edward M. Boney. Rev. Boney was Marjorie's Godfather.

I have included a picture of the writing in the book. Also in Randy McNutt's Reprint he mentions Rossini being Cal's second wife. The Writer, Daniel Resnick had been doing research on Cal Stewart for years. Several years after Dan had died I had the pleasure of meeting Dan's wife. She had asked me to help here go through Dan's collection and research items. Dan had boxes of research on Cal Stewart which se intrusted to me to have to continue on. I have only been through a small bit of it, but one of these day I will sort it and organize it to make it available.
Attachments
Randy McNutt Uncle Josh Dan Renick.JPG
Randy McNutt Uncle Josh Dan Renick.JPG (83.06 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Uncle Josh Book.jpg
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla