Edison Diamond Disc "Paganucci" 125' horn exptl. recording?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Lucius1958
Victor VI

Re: Edison Diamond Disc "Paganucci" 125' horn exptl. record

Post by Lucius1958 »

estott wrote:
Lucius1958 wrote:I wonder whether the legend "acc. record" on the first side, linked with "Shepherd", might indicate that it was intended as a background accompaniment to Ms. Shepherd's singing? Is there any sign that a record was ever issued of these pieces, with her vocals? :?:

Bill
Could this have been a tone test demonstration record?

I could imagine that: instead of a live pianist, they might have had a recording like this, which they could slowly mute while cueing up the other disc as the singer disappears into the shadows...

Bill

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Post by DGPros »

Lucius1958 wrote:I wonder whether the legend "acc. record" on the first side, linked with "Shepherd", might indicate that it was intended as a background accompaniment to Ms. Shepherd's singing? Is there any sign that a record was ever issued of these pieces, with her vocals? :?:

Bill
I'm not seeing any connection on cylinder or diamond disc from my excel files
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

DGPros wrote:

Bill
I'm not seeing any connection on cylinder or diamond disc from my excel files
Curiouser and curiouser... :?

Bill