"Put Me Off At Buffalo" 1901 Edison Concert Cylinder Playing

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
FellowCollector
Victor IV

"Put Me Off At Buffalo" 1901 Edison Concert Cylinder Playing

Post by FellowCollector »

For anyone interested I have just posted another video on my YouTube channel featuring the second of several Edison Concert cylinder recordings that I'm hoping to feature played on my Edison Concert Phonograph.

This one features S.H. Dudley with "Put Me Off At Buffalo", a wonderful comic song about the 1901 Pan-American Exposition held in Buffalo, New York from May 1st through November 2nd of that year.

As with my first video ("At The Pan-I-Marry-Can" by Will F. Denny) posted a few days ago on the 1901 Pan-American Exposition, "Put Me Off At Buffalo" is a wonderfully entertaining Edison Concert cylinder.

I hope that a few of you who opt to watch the video will find some enjoyment in it.

I have also included the song lyrics with this video scrolling with the recording (not so much fun to get the timing just right!). It's best to view the video on YouTube with a larger size screen.

Below is the video link:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ToolQ3bGx4[/youtube]

As always, my sincere thanks to those who watch and take the time to comment here on the Forum!

Doug

Victor A
Victor I
Personal Text: "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?" - Graham Chapman

Re: "Put Me Off At Buffalo" 1901 Edison Concert Cylinder Pla

Post by Victor A »

Thanks for posting this, Doug! :D

There was a version of this song also rendered by S.H. Dudley for Edison (albeit on a standard size cylinder) on Bruce Stinchcomb's channel, but the sound of your cylinder was much clearer. I also liked having the lyrics on the screen. It's a nice addition, and you should keep doing that in your future videos, just IMHO.

-Jack
SOUSA, The March King, says:

"Your 'VICTOR' and 'MONARCH' Records are all right."

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: "Put Me Off At Buffalo" 1901 Edison Concert Cylinder Pla

Post by FellowCollector »

Thanks for the kind comments, Jack. Adding lyrics to my videos can be frustrating at times and I occasionally have to start over from scratch when there's a glitch in the video editor. :( But I agree that lyrics enhance the enjoyment of the recording being presented and I'll include them when I can. :)

Doug