A Victor Curiosity

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Neophone
Victor III

A Victor Curiosity

Post by Neophone »

Folks,

I came across this oddity while cataloging my records today, Victor 17520 (Batwing). On each side rather than the usual song descritive such as March, Fox Trot &c. each label states "For Dancing (60 bars per minute)" [(66 bars per minute) on B side]. Also both numbers are listed as "One-Step, Two-Step or Turkey trot". I do seem to recall seeing records like this before, but not many. Was there a special reason for this nomenclature, such as dance instruction?

Also two song title questions gang: The label on the A side of my copy of Victor (BW) 18807 (-B Plantation Lullaby) has been destroyed can anyone send me a scan or let me know what's on the A side? And my copy of Victor (Blue BW) 45073 (-B If I Could Be By Her has two B-side labels! What's on the A side of that as well? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
John
Attachments
Victor_17520-A.jpg

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Viva-Tonal
Victor II

Re: A Victor Curiosity

Post by Viva-Tonal »

The other side of 45073: 'I couldn't distinguish the words'.

The other side of 18807: 'Tuck me to sleep (in my old 'Tucky home)' by Vernon Dalhart and Criterion Trio.

Neophone
Victor III

Re: A Victor Curiosity

Post by Neophone »

Viva-Tonal,

Once again thank you!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!