Diamond Discs on YouTube by reqest

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
coyote
Victor II

Diamond Discs on YouTube by reqest

Post by coyote »

I realize I haven't uploaded any Diamond Disc recordings to my YouTube channel lately (http://www.youtube.com/pghcoyote). If there are any Diamond Discs from my collection that you'd like to hear, please let me know, and I'll record them in the coming month. Some selections have been posted by many users, and another recording isn't warranted, so please check!

List of available discs identified only by number (no titles) can be found at http://www.pghcoyote.com/dd.

Most discs are in excellent condition, but since I haven't yet added that to my database, I cannot promise quality in that regard. If you'd like to PM me to ask about take letters (also not in the database), that's fine. Most of the molded (electrotype or "etched") selections that I own are poor, and not in the list. Also, the long plays are precluded for now as I haven't yet gotten around to re-greasing the springs in the LP console. This "Spring" for sure! Thank you.

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Re: Diamond Discs on YouTube by reqest

Post by audiophile102 »

Please record 51661-L 51662-R. Great records but poorly recorded in You Tube. Thanks.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

52591 - "Wabash Blues" by the Campus Cut-Ups would be GREATLY appreciated!

coyote
Victor II

Post by coyote »

Those requests are up. Apologies about Old Joe Clark: there is a large needle dig right at the beginning, which causes a skip over several grooves. Also, my copy of Wabash Blues is quite blast-y, so I recorded it on a modern turntable which gave slightly better results compared to a Diamond Disc machine.

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

Thank you for posting Wabash Blues, it was definitely as good as I had hoped!