Kansas City Kitty - Billy Murray on cylinder

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Kansas City Kitty - Billy Murray on cylinder

Post by Valecnik »

Re-Released by the Berlin Phonograph works sometime back. Most purchasers of this cylinder in 1929 would have been listening on an Amberola 30, 50 or 75 but I suppose there were a few who still had their Triumph too. :monkey:

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DiGSk8W1L0[/youtubehd]

billybob62
Victor III

Re: Kansas City Kitty - Billy Murray on cylinder

Post by billybob62 »

I just got "Doin' The Raccoon" from Norman :D .

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

How about Kansas City Kitty on lateral cut 78 8-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-KzqMRGLEM

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Thank you, Bruce! I am still equally amazed by the resolution and detail of your new camera, awesome!

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

billybob62 wrote:I just got "Doin' The Raccoon" from Norman :D .
I just realized it was on offer and hope to have my copy by the weekend. I'll try to post a video here once I get it.
WDC wrote:Thank you, Bruce! I am still equally amazed by the resolution and detail of your new camera, awesome!
thanks Norman! I'm real happy with both the audio and video quality of it but more than that the ease of use. Now the big problem is just finding the time! :monkey:

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

Kansas City Kitty is a nice recording, I bought mine from Norman back when he first released it (2011 if I am correct), this record sounds nice and clear, it is one of those tunes that kind of sticks in your head and your singing it all day. Kansas City Kitty is a good example of music from the late 20's, it sure gets those toes tapping. I prefer to listen to the later issues on my Amberola 30 since it just sounds better than listening to it on on the Home or Fireside with the regular Model C reproducer.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Victrolacollector wrote: I prefer to listen to the later issues on my Amberola 30 since it just sounds better than listening to it on on the Home or Fireside with the regular Model C reproducer.
I'm assuming you meant to say Model "H" reproducer. A Model C reproducer is designed for 2 minute recordings and its stylus would not get to the bottom of the groove of a 4 minute recording like Kansas City Kitty.

Valecnik
Victor VI

Post by Valecnik »

I assume VictrolaCollector meant model H too.

I would agree that these late records are pretty taxing for a model H or even an O or an N. A machine with the Diamond A, B or C is the way to go. :D

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

Valecnik wrote:I assume VictrolaCollector meant model H too.

I would agree that these late records are pretty taxing for a model H or even an O or an N. A machine with the Diamond A, B or C is the way to go. :D

I'm sorry, I meant a Model H reproducer.