Claudia Muzio on a Columbia Royal Blue!

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
melvind
Victor IV

Claudia Muzio on a Columbia Royal Blue!

Post by melvind »

I know not everyone is interested in Opera, but when I recorded this Columbia Royal Blue record it is came out so clean that i just had to post it here. Recorded in 1934 the record sounds like it might have been recorded much later. I had played this record on my Credenza and was very impressed, but once recording it using my modern turntable I was more than impressed. I was astounded. Anyway, here it is.

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pro5ZM2gSec[/youtubehd]

Wolfe
Victor V

Re: Claudia Muzio on a Columbia Royal Blue!

Post by Wolfe »

Nice.

Ward Marston did all of Muzio's records in 3 volumes for the now defunct Romophone CD label. They are nice to have. He notes that the speeds of her Italian Columbias (like the one in the video) range from 76 to 78 rpm, in spite of being recorded well into the 1930's.

I most enjoy the youthful freshness of her Edison recordings.

There exists a bit of silent film of Muzio recording a master cylinder for Pathé. It's floating around the 'net somewhere.

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Very well recorded, and the copy also sounds pristine. I have a Columbia 78 rpm album issued posthumously, but it does not have this particular aria.It is also very well recorded. Thanks for sharing!

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

I have Columbia album M-259, which is all late Columbia sides recorded by Muzio. It don't have the one in the video either.

Torjazzer
Victor II

Post by Torjazzer »

Thank you so much for posting this. Truly beautiful.