Surprising which records people watched the most.

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
larryh
Victor IV

Surprising which records people watched the most.

Post by larryh »

Hello all,

I have been putting up Edison Records on You Tube under "Acousticedison" , as well as many on the Brunswick and the Columbia 800. Now the Steinway Ampico B. I happened to be checking to see what people might have watched in the religious catagory on you tube and to my shock, the most played by far of the nearly 2,000 listings is "Favorite Hymns of Fanny Crosby", with 664 views. A second high selection was the Metropolitan Quartet doing "Come Where The Lilies Bloom".. A very fine selection but hardly one I would have guessed would have 544 views. Seemed like many ranged from around 10 to some in the hundreds. It must be the artist that makes the Crosby record so watched, although I noticed that quite a few standard hymns did quite well that others had up. I have quite a number of those selections but have never felt the demand is there to watch them. I guess I am not such a good judge since some of my favorite record got very little views. I did notice that the musical show selections often did rather well, something that again I think many people overlook. I suppose if I had the money to own some great jazz things they would out rate the ones I have up.

Larry

Victor VI

Re: Surprising which records people watched the most.

Post by 52089 »

You never know. The video on my channel with the most views is a cylinder of "Die Wacht am Rhein" and Deutschland Ueber Alles" sung a capella.

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

52089 wrote:You never know. The video on my channel with the most views is a cylinder of "Die Wacht am Rhein" and Deutschland Ueber Alles" sung a capella.

I can understand that I think. My Grandfathers parents came from Germany and it was always something he enjoyed hearing.

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

These are the 10 most viewed records on my YouTube channel during the last 365 days:

HERNANDO'S HIDEAWAY by Archie Bleyer 74,644
MAIRZY DOATS by The Pied Pipers 1944 54,413
AUF DER REEPERBAHN NACHTS Hans Albers (Sung in German) 43,646
SALT PEANUTS by Dizzy Gillespie with Charlie Parker 1945 JAZZ! 42,404
HALLELUJAH! I'M A BUM - Harry MAC McClintock - 1928 39,339
THE BULLFIGHTERS SONG - Luis Arcaraz 37,342
STANDING ON THE CORNER by The Four Lads 1956 34,106
I CAN'T GET STARTED - Bunny Berigan 1937 33,978
BIG ROCK CANDY MOUNTAINS - Harry Mac McClintock - 1928 33,185
OH! SUSANNA by Arthur Fields c.1925 27,170

Cliff (CDBPDX)
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA