The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:03 pm 
Online
Victor V
User avatar
Needle Tins are Addictive
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:32 pm
Posts: 2891
Location: Belmont, North Carolina
Is anyone familiar with this three record set? 7" Victor 221, 222 & 223 with paper sleeve. I would like to know when they were made and any other info you might have about them...


Attachments:
s-l1600-108.jpg
s-l1600-108.jpg [ 152.32 KiB | Viewed 173 times ]
s-l1600-109.jpg
s-l1600-109.jpg [ 168.64 KiB | Viewed 173 times ]
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline
Victor VI
I have good days...this might not be one of them
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:23 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Albany NY
1931-32. The original issue came in a cardboard folder with a color decorated cover- they were introduced right after the crash and didn't sell well. Yours are a slightly later issue- Victor was trying to recover costs


Attachments:
pooh.jpg
pooh.jpg [ 71.58 KiB | Viewed 165 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:36 am 
Online
Victor V
User avatar
Needle Tins are Addictive
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:32 pm
Posts: 2891
Location: Belmont, North Carolina
Thanks... Is there any possibility that you could make a high quality scan of your folder cover? I would like to have that for my granddaughter, since she would love the graphics...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 am 
Offline
Victor VI
I have good days...this might not be one of them
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:23 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Albany NY
Curt A wrote:
Thanks... Is there any possibility that you could make a high quality scan of your folder cover? I would like to have that for my granddaughter, since she would love the graphics...


My cover is just like yours- the plain one. I found the other one on the internet


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:35 pm 
Online
Victor V
User avatar
Needle Tins are Addictive
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:32 pm
Posts: 2891
Location: Belmont, North Carolina
estott wrote:
1931-32. The original issue came in a cardboard folder with a color decorated cover- they were introduced right after the crash and didn't sell well. Yours are a slightly later issue- Victor was trying to recover costs

I wonder if the set with the picture on the cover was actually the earlier set, because the records are numbered 221a/221b, 222a/222b, 223a/223b. My set and yours are in the plainer cover, but the records are numbered 221/222 and 223 without the suffix, which makes me think that they are earlier... just wondering.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 pm 
Offline
Victor VI
I have good days...this might not be one of them
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:23 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Albany NY
Curt A wrote:
estott wrote:
1931-32. The original issue came in a cardboard folder with a color decorated cover- they were introduced right after the crash and didn't sell well. Yours are a slightly later issue- Victor was trying to recover costs

I wonder if the set with the picture on the cover was actually the earlier set, because the records are numbered 221a/221b, 222a/222b, 223a/223b. My set and yours are in the plainer cover, but the records are numbered 221/222 and 223 without the suffix, which makes me think that they are earlier... just wondering.


Could be- I've been known to be in error


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: edisonphonoworks and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.