Victor V

R.I.P. Baby Rose Marie

Post by OrthoFan »

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: R.I.P. Baby Rose Marie

Post by estott »

She made some commercial recordings in the early 1930's, but I've never found any in the wild.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I didn't know she made recordings. I remember her from the Dick Van Dyke show. She was so funny.
Harvey Kravitz

estott
Victor Monarch

Post by estott »

Seems this one was on Brunswick & a few other labels: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWZshgCUR_o[/youtube]

estott
Victor Monarch

Post by estott »

One of her Victor sides: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Eve4h_2Sk[/youtube]

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

She's one of the performers in the film International House (1933). She must have been about 10 or 11 years old at the time, so you can get a pretty good idea of her abilities when she was in her childhood prime. The movie already anticipates television, too! WC Fields is featured, along with Burns & Allen, and a host of other, mostly forgotten, entertainers and personalities of the period.

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

I have an LP of Rose Marie on the Kapp label called "Songs For Single Girls" done in front of a live audience when she was on The Dick Van Dyke Show.BTW;Has anyone seen her Vitaphone short,"Baby Rose Marie,The Child Wonder"?edisonplayer

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

edisonplayer wrote:I have an LP of Rose Marie on the Kapp label called "Songs For Single Girls" done in front of a live audience when she was on The Dick Van Dyke Show.BTW;Has anyone seen her Vitaphone short,"Baby Rose Marie,The Child Wonder"?edisonplayer
Someone posted it on YouTube awhile back, without the opening titles. According to the Internet Movie Database, it runs eight minutes. This one is 7:47 minutes, so it's essentially complete --

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKM5XCISyHc[/youtubehd]

OrthoFan

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

Baby Peggy is still living. She's the last person alive who could be considered a bona fide star of the silent screen. Don't think she made any phonograph records though.

Baby Peggy is often placed just behind Jackie Coogan in terms of her celebrity as child actor in the 1920's.

R.I.P. Rose Marie, that Vitaphone film is charming. Can't say I ever really watched the Dick Van Dyke show, except in passing.