Delightful Circa 1906 Brown Wax Home Recording-Check It Out

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
FellowCollector
Victor IV

Delightful Circa 1906 Brown Wax Home Recording-Check It Out

Post by FellowCollector »

I got up this morning at 5am and decided to move a bunch of my phonographs and horns out of the way so that I could get into a room that has many of my early brown wax cylinders.

It'd been awhile since I had been in that room with all the other stuff in the way. One of the many boxes in that room was labeled "Careful: Early Home Recordings". I've had a number of requests over the years on my YouTube channel to post some of the early home recordings I have that were recorded on brown wax so today I took some time to post one. It's a delightful rendition of "Who Threw The Overalls In Mrs. Murphy's Chowder?" by a gentleman named (I believe) Billy Johnson.

For those who decide to watch I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did when I first played it. I played this on one of my Edison Fireside model A's, replacing the model K reproducer with one of my model B reproducers so as to help preserve the fragile wax grooves.

Doug

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKW5UtKArfQ[/youtube]
Last edited by FellowCollector on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Levi
Victor II

Re: Delightful Circa 1906 Brown Wax Home Recording-Check It

Post by Steve Levi »

Thanks for posting! Amazing clarity and great audio history! Steve L.

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: Delightful Circa 1906 Brown Wax Home Recording-Check It

Post by FellowCollector »

Thanks for your gracious comments, Steve. Good to hear that you enjoyed the video.

Doug