DD 52630 "Chinese Wedding Procession"

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
donniej
Victor III

DD 52630 "Chinese Wedding Procession"

Post by donniej »

This was recently on Ebay and went for cheap (for an electric DD...). I couldn't find much about it and a few members here have mentioned that it's a fun song. I couldn't find any recordings of it online so I uploaded it on YouTube.
I'm not sure what to think of it. The "Chinese talk" is awful (on a few different levels) and the song is a "little different". After a few listens it's starting to grow on me. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/8SJx9VzKPTc

Wolfe
Victor V

Re: DD 52630 "Chinese Wedding Procession"

Post by Wolfe »

Musically, it's a pretty silly mish-mash but it's nicely recorded. The sound of the tam-tam and another percussion is well captured.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I own this record and I was always astounded by the demonstration quality of the percussion instruments on it. The flip side is good too. Both sides sound stunning on my Edisonic Beethoven machine. I admit I love the record, But few people know the record. I don't know if the Chinese talking is real Chinese, or just some sound effects men trying to make some sounds that sound Chinese to the average American listener to give it an oriental flavor. Compare the old Uncle Josh in a Chinese Laundry. Thanks for uploading it to Youtube. I guess you won the record?

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

Marc,
I completely agree about the fidelity of the recording, it really sounds wonderful. And yes, I won the auction.