Unwanted records

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Marty Bufalini
Victor II

Unwanted records

Post by Marty Bufalini »

I've got some Diamond Discs and lateral cut records that I just don't want. No great titles. Just good records. Does it do any good to list them on Ebay? Sell as a group - Edisons separate from lateral? Individually?

I just want them outta here and could use your experience.

I'm cleaning out the basement, garage, etc. and really don't want to store them any more.

Thanks.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Unwanted records

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Actually I'd split them up. Lots of folks don't own an Edison, and I don't have real estate for a DD player so Diamond Discs don't do me much good.

Ebay is an option but I suggest the Forum first. Or you could always send me the acoustics, I'd be able to play them and see if they're still good!

Marty Bufalini
Victor II

Post by Marty Bufalini »

VanEps, thanks. Good advice. And thanks for the offer on the laterals, but, something tells me I should pass on it!

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

If you go to the Nauck website, http://www.78rpm.com/ there is excellent advice on how to get rid of records you no longer want. Click on Frequently Asked Questions and scroll down to "How to get rid of records you don't want". Another way to get rid of records you don't want that makes it the easiest on you is to put an ad on Craigslist with the heading Free 78rpm records. Must take a whole box, no cherry picking. If you must cherry pick they are $1 each, or something to that effect. I sold a phonograph to a very young man, 19, a few months ago and pointed to six or seven large boxes of classical 78s and said all of these records are free. He took them all. If you don't want strangers coming in to your house, you can put the records out on your driveway just before a buyer arrives.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

A fellow collector who lives 400 yards from me is a volunteer helper in a local charity shop. All our unwanted records are donated there and sell well.

Marty Bufalini
Victor II

Post by Marty Bufalini »

Great advice!!! Thanks all!

Marty Bufalini
Victor II

Post by Marty Bufalini »

marcapra, I checked ou Nauks. Good advice, there, too! Thanks.