5" Berliner #458

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
WDC
Victor IV

Re: 5" Berliner #458

Post by WDC »

donniej wrote:Hi Norman,
Will you be at the Wayne show this Fall? If so then I'll bring them with me, to avoid shipping costs.

Don-
My flight is booked and I am looking very forward to this fall show. :)

Would be great to pick them up directly, customs and DHL are continuously trying to screw anyone who receives any mail from the US.

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

I received mine today. It's amazing! Great work.

I'm very glad to see a name and date scribed into the back. I think all such copies should be marked so that some future collector doesn't mistake them for originals.

Replicas like these are a wonderful service to the collecting community. Huge thumbs up.

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

TinfoilPhono wrote:I received mine today. It's amazing! Great work.
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying it!!!
TinfoilPhono wrote: I'm very glad to see a name and date scribed into the back. I think all such copies should be marked so that some future collector doesn't mistake them for originals.
All my discs are marked, visibly, invisibly and chemically. I completely agree that authenticity needs to be preserved, it would be nice if the people making the reproduction parts did the same ;)
TinfoilPhono wrote: Replicas like these are a wonderful service to the collecting community. Huge thumbs up.
Many kind people, many on this forum, deserve as much of the credit for being kind enough to loan me rare discs like this. Hopefully someday someone else with 5" Berliners will also be willing to loan some discs.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Got my copy today: huzzah! :D

Bill

Mlund2020
Victor II

Post by Mlund2020 »

Don,

The 5 inch Berliner replicas arrived today. They are fantastic and really spruce up my K&R display, don’t you think? This is actually K&R record number 77 ‘Hohenfriedberger-Marsch’ (not 458). Thanks again!! Awesome job.
http://www.archeophone.org/Berliner5inc ... er-077.php
http://www.archeophone.org/Berliner5inch/
Attachments
4D75BDB6-8761-4738-97B9-63FEF8063516.jpeg
A9B0ED3B-E431-44F2-B7AC-7D4E63AD0374.jpeg
865F448B-5872-4112-883C-389202DA55A6.jpeg
DFF7C8D6-2C46-41C8-8668-D0D976815254.jpeg
FAC52258-4374-48A3-A19C-ACB6D47243DC.jpeg
Last edited by Mlund2020 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

WDC wrote:
donniej wrote:Hi Norman,
Will you be at the Wayne show this Fall? If so then I'll bring them with me, to avoid shipping costs.

Don-
My flight is booked and I am looking very forward to this fall show. :)

Would be great to pick them up directly, customs and DHL are continuously trying to screw anyone who receives any mail from the US.

Hey Norman!

Just saw example of your latest cylinder soon to be produced on YouTube. Can I pay you in advance for a copy?

Furthermore; would you be willing to make me a copy of the Edison Needle Type that you put on YouTube of I wanta be bad. Furtherfurthermore--do you still want a digital copy of "Let's Do It" from Diamond disc to cylinder. I will check with Donnie who makes the diamond disc reproductions if he can make you a digital copy of Let's Do It it so you can produce it. Otherwise I will probably send all of my late issue diamond discs for Donnie to copy. Maybe he will be able to make you an mp3 or mp4 copy that you could transfer to disc.

Just Sayin that I would be more than willing to share what I have to be reproduced in bulk for other collectors to enjoy.

Best!
Mark

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

marco wrote:Hey Norman!

Just saw example of your latest cylinder soon to be produced on YouTube. Can I pay you in advance for a copy?

Furthermore; would you be willing to make me a copy of the Edison Needle Type that you put on YouTube of I wanta be bad. Furtherfurthermore--do you still want a digital copy of "Let's Do It" from Diamond disc to cylinder. I will check with Donnie who makes the diamond disc reproductions if he can make you a digital copy of Let's Do It it so you can produce it. Otherwise I will probably send all of my late issue diamond discs for Donnie to copy. Maybe he will be able to make you an mp3 or mp4 copy that you could transfer to disc.

Just Sayin that I would be more than willing to share what I have to be reproduced in bulk for other collectors to enjoy.

Best!
Mark

Hey Mark, I'll have a first batch of Overcoat ready for dispatch next week. I am currently looking for a better pressure pot for improvements so that will be more shifting to October with wear tests. I will start a new thread for the cylinder next week. If he can't do a transfer, I would be able to do that myself in October as I am keeping my own turntable there. :)

@Don: Just let me know if you want to be paid in advance for the three 5" copies.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

WDC wrote:

Best!
Mark

Hey Mark, I'll have a first batch of Overcoat ready for dispatch next week. I am currently looking for a better pressure pot for improvements so that will be more shifting to October with wear tests. I will start a new thread for the cylinder next week. If he can't do a transfer, I would be able to do that myself in October as I am keeping my own turntable there. :)

@Don: Just let me know if you want to be paid in advance for the three 5" copies.
I am looking forward to my copy of Overcoat. I would like to see Makin Whoopee as a future release. Don released it on Diamond Disc, would be nice as a cylinder too.

flaprise
Victor Jr

Post by flaprise »

Hi! Fantastic job. I also want to buy one.

François

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

WDC wrote:

Best!
Mark

Hello Again, Norman!

Just went to your Website and found that you now have "Button Up Your Overcoat" listed as your latest issue. Just wanted to let you know that I have just ordered my copy and sent you payment. Does not look like you have any other "new" issues; so I just ordered the one. Am letting you know via this forum; as my last e-mail about a Caruso cylinder was never responded to. Many Thanks! Mark Roberts.