The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 5" Berliner #458
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:47 am 
Victor III
donniej wrote:
Hi Norman,
Will you be at the Wayne show this Fall? If so then I'll bring them with me, to avoid shipping costs.

Don-

My flight is booked and I am looking very forward to this fall show. :)

Would be great to pick them up directly, customs and DHL are continuously trying to screw anyone who receives any mail from the US.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:18 pm 
Victor IV
I received mine today. It's amazing! Great work.

I'm very glad to see a name and date scribed into the back. I think all such copies should be marked so that some future collector doesn't mistake them for originals.

Replicas like these are a wonderful service to the collecting community. Huge thumbs up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:13 pm 
Victor III
TinfoilPhono wrote:
I received mine today. It's amazing! Great work.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying it!!!

TinfoilPhono wrote:
I'm very glad to see a name and date scribed into the back. I think all such copies should be marked so that some future collector doesn't mistake them for originals.

All my discs are marked, visibly, invisibly and chemically. I completely agree that authenticity needs to be preserved, it would be nice if the people making the reproduction parts did the same ;)

TinfoilPhono wrote:
Replicas like these are a wonderful service to the collecting community. Huge thumbs up.

Many kind people, many on this forum, deserve as much of the credit for being kind enough to loan me rare discs like this. Hopefully someday someone else with 5" Berliners will also be willing to loan some discs.
The Berliner Archive Project:
Lend me your Berliners to be molded and get your originals back plus free copies!
See the current status here = http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32545

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:37 am 
Victor V
Got my copy today: huzzah! :D

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:35 pm 
Victor I
Opportunity is often missed, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Don,

The 5 inch Berliner replicas arrived today. They are fantastic and really spruce up my K&R display, don’t you think? This is actually K&R record number 77 ‘Hohenfriedberger-Marsch’ (not 458). Thanks again!! Awesome job.
http://www.archeophone.org/Berliner5inc ... er-077.php
http://www.archeophone.org/Berliner5inch/

Attachments:
4D75BDB6-8761-4738-97B9-63FEF8063516.jpeg
4D75BDB6-8761-4738-97B9-63FEF8063516.jpeg [ 1.53 MiB | Viewed 131 times ]
A9B0ED3B-E431-44F2-B7AC-7D4E63AD0374.jpeg
A9B0ED3B-E431-44F2-B7AC-7D4E63AD0374.jpeg [ 1.81 MiB | Viewed 131 times ]
865F448B-5872-4112-883C-389202DA55A6.jpeg
865F448B-5872-4112-883C-389202DA55A6.jpeg [ 3.54 MiB | Viewed 131 times ]
DFF7C8D6-2C46-41C8-8668-D0D976815254.jpeg
DFF7C8D6-2C46-41C8-8668-D0D976815254.jpeg [ 2.13 MiB | Viewed 131 times ]
FAC52258-4374-48A3-A19C-ACB6D47243DC.jpeg
FAC52258-4374-48A3-A19C-ACB6D47243DC.jpeg [ 3.5 MiB | Viewed 131 times ]

Last edited by Mlund2020 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:55 pm 
Victor O
WDC wrote:
donniej wrote:
Hi Norman,
Will you be at the Wayne show this Fall? If so then I'll bring them with me, to avoid shipping costs.

Don-

My flight is booked and I am looking very forward to this fall show. :)

Would be great to pick them up directly, customs and DHL are continuously trying to screw anyone who receives any mail from the US.

Hey Norman!

Just saw example of your latest cylinder soon to be produced on YouTube. Can I pay you in advance for a copy?

Furthermore; would you be willing to make me a copy of the Edison Needle Type that you put on YouTube of I wanta be bad. Furtherfurthermore--do you still want a digital copy of "Let's Do It" from Diamond disc to cylinder. I will check with Donnie who makes the diamond disc reproductions if he can make you a digital copy of Let's Do It it so you can produce it. Otherwise I will probably send all of my late issue diamond discs for Donnie to copy. Maybe he will be able to make you an mp3 or mp4 copy that you could transfer to disc.

Just Sayin that I would be more than willing to share what I have to be reproduced in bulk for other collectors to enjoy.

Best!
Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:14 pm 
Victor III
marco wrote:
Hey Norman!

Just saw example of your latest cylinder soon to be produced on YouTube. Can I pay you in advance for a copy?

Furthermore; would you be willing to make me a copy of the Edison Needle Type that you put on YouTube of I wanta be bad. Furtherfurthermore--do you still want a digital copy of "Let's Do It" from Diamond disc to cylinder. I will check with Donnie who makes the diamond disc reproductions if he can make you a digital copy of Let's Do It it so you can produce it. Otherwise I will probably send all of my late issue diamond discs for Donnie to copy. Maybe he will be able to make you an mp3 or mp4 copy that you could transfer to disc.

Just Sayin that I would be more than willing to share what I have to be reproduced in bulk for other collectors to enjoy.

Best!
Mark

Hey Mark, I'll have a first batch of Overcoat ready for dispatch next week. I am currently looking for a better pressure pot for improvements so that will be more shifting to October with wear tests. I will start a new thread for the cylinder next week. If he can't do a transfer, I would be able to do that myself in October as I am keeping my own turntable there. :)

@Don: Just let me know if you want to be paid in advance for the three 5" copies.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:34 pm 
Victor V
Location: NW Indiana B-19;VV-IV; VV-VI;VV-XVI; Edison Home B; Amberola 30; Col. BK; Magnola;
WDC wrote:
marco wrote:
Hey Norman!

Best!
Mark

Hey Mark, I'll have a first batch of Overcoat ready for dispatch next week. I am currently looking for a better pressure pot for improvements so that will be more shifting to October with wear tests. I will start a new thread for the cylinder next week. If he can't do a transfer, I would be able to do that myself in October as I am keeping my own turntable there. :)

@Don: Just let me know if you want to be paid in advance for the three 5" copies.

I am looking forward to my copy of Overcoat. I would like to see Makin Whoopee as a future release. Don released it on Diamond Disc, would be nice as a cylinder too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:02 am 
Victor Jr
Hi! Fantastic job. I also want to buy one.

François

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:05 am 
Victor O
WDC wrote:
marco wrote:
Hey Norman!

Best!
Mark

Hello Again, Norman!

Just went to your Website and found that you now have "Button Up Your Overcoat" listed as your latest issue. Just wanted to let you know that I have just ordered my copy and sent you payment. Does not look like you have any other "new" issues; so I just ordered the one. Am letting you know via this forum; as my last e-mail about a Caruso cylinder was never responded to. Many Thanks! Mark Roberts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next