A newbie Q about record storage

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
CPBarnum
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Longtime music lover, Grafonola newbie

A newbie Q about record storage

Post by CPBarnum »

Fairly new to the hobby, and I'm sure this question has been addressed around here before, but I've searched the forum and can't find anything, so apologies for any redundancy.

I began the hobby with my father-in-law's collection of about 600 discs. In the past few months I've acquired several collections via Facebook Marketplace, probably a total of another 600-800 discs, and my basement is rapidly taking on a new character.

My standard operating procedure is to listen to more or less everything before I decide to keep it or not. If I do, then the record gets cleaned (warm water with a bit of mild dish detergent), air dried and placed in one of Nauck's excellent sleeves.

Now I'm getting to the point where I have several hundred keepers, and I'm looking for a reasonably priced and aesthetically pleasing solution for storage that will allow for easy and convenient thumbing through the records (I specifically don't want to go down the path of bookcase-style storage). Think: Quality wood versions of stackable milk crates, or something.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!