Diamond Double Disc Record. Any more info on company?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Diamond Double Disc Record. Any more info on company?

Post by epigramophone »

Josh Cattermole 1999 wrote:Wow. That's a great cover. Mine hasn't arrived in the post yet so hopefully it comes in an original sleeve (I've noticed in many cases records listed online don't have sleeves displayed by the seller. But in several cases I've bought records online and they've arrived in some truly beautiful and amazing covers. It's baffling that the sellers don't show this off) as I imagine finding an original cover separately will be a near impossible task. Interestingly, epigramophone, my example has ''Double Disc'' engraved on both sides, whereas yours does not. Is yours single sided? It would be pretty interesting if this short-lived company sold both single and double-sided records.

And yes, knowing Edisons history it seems odd that no lawsuits were smacked down on Pathé.
To the best of my knowledge all Diamond records were double sided.
Covers are a particular interest of mine, as I contribute a regular series of articles on the subject in the CLPGS magazine.

Josh Cattermole 1999
Victor I

Post by Josh Cattermole 1999 »

Thanks Epigramophone. :)

Josh Cattermole 1999
Victor I

Post by Josh Cattermole 1999 »

Well. It arrived. And I'm p*ssed. Just goes to show how crappy packaging and plain carelessness can ruin a rare piece of history that is over 100 years old. Absolutely shocking. I'm more devastated at such a rare piece of history getting bust than the inconvenience of having to get a refund when I wanted the record in the first place. Ah well, at least I can still glue it back together for display purposes. Will never hear its music though. Aw man...
Attachments
000.jpg