Pathé records question

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Pathé records question

Post by Vinrage_mania »

I have been offered about a hundred of them ,I know this is a subjective question but I will not be able to cherry pickand must take them all my question is will there be any jazz (not great but decent ) or are they boring and not worth the trouble thanks for any input

Victor VI

Re: Pathé records question

Post by 52089 »

Are these Pathé verticals or laterals/Actuelles? I've had a few fox trots on the verticals, but not many, and not very jazzy. The laterals could have some decent jazz. But of course you should also expect the usual (your words) "boring" stuff too.

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

mostly vertical just got them!.....delivered .....the seller said “they do not play any more” give me $20!
Attachments
image.jpg

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

The one in the pic is a vertical cut. Pathé stopped selling them in the USA around that time that music became "fun" (eg. the Charleston era). Pathé did continue to make verticals for the European market in the mid 20's and "Charleston", "Black Bottom" and many other good songs are available on French market verticals, finding them is another story.

Shameless self promotion: I recently acquired several hot dance Pathé Verticals and plan to have them available as reproductions next month.

Menophanes
Victor II

Post by Menophanes »

It always amazes me that so many vertical-cut Pathés, even when they are much older than these, are still in their original sleeves. Perhaps this is because, by their very nature, they have mostly remained unplayed and almost untouched for more than eighty years.

Oliver Mundy.

howardpgh
Victor II

Post by howardpgh »

There are some dance numbers on vertical Pathé, also Noble Sissle and Eubie Blake recorde for Pathé in the vertical era.