Edison gold moulded moulds

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Edison gold moulded moulds

Post by kirtley2012 »

One of those random things I'm thinking while work is dead

Are there any cylinder record moulds left, the ones for making music cylinders, I'm intrigued as to what they looked like, or were they all melted down?

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Edison gold moulded moulds

Post by Valecnik »

kirtley2012 wrote:One of those random things I'm thinking while work is dead

Are there any cylinder record moulds left, the ones for making music cylinders, I'm intrigued as to what they looked like, or were they all melted down?
I believe Edison molds are still kept at the National Historic site and there are also some in private hands. Charlie Hummel used an original to re-issue this New Blue Amberol no. 3741 initially recorded in 1919.

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooT2g4n_nWw[/youtubehd]

marco
Victor II

Re: Edison gold moulded moulds

Post by marco »

Valecnik wrote:
kirtley2012 wrote:One of those random things I'm thinking while work is dead

I believe Edison molds are still kept at the National Historic site and there are also some in private hands. Charlie Hummel used an original to re-issue this New Blue Amberol no. 3741 initially recorded in 1919.

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooT2g4n_nWw[/youtubehd]
Does anyone know if and where I can get a copy of this New Blue Amberol? Thanks! Mark Roberts