Record Label Transparencies

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Record Label Transparencies

Post by MordEth »

...and here’s a Pathé that I’ve been wanting to cut out for a while, mostly because of the shape of the label:

This is one of my scans, and I’d like to do a vector graphic of the Pathé logo, also.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Thanks for putting up those scans of mine. Thats a nice Pathé label. Those also came in pink color as well as a cream version.

RJ 8-)

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

richardh wrote:Thanks for putting up those scans of mine.
Richard,

You’re very welcome—there are still more forthcoming—I should have 5 more images to do, not counting the cut of the Monarch. Thank you for scanning these—we have a lot of record label avatars (and larger transparencies in this thread) that either we might not have or would not have had for some time. I’m not sure how many of the labels you scanned would have been ones that I have access to scan myself. ;)
richardh wrote:Thats a nice Pathé label. Those also came in pink color as well as a cream version.
I really like the Pathé labels, and I’d been wanting to get this one up for a while. However, since the circular labels are a lot easier to cut out (and I still owe the board a tutorial showing how I do these), I tend to focus on the labels.

I cannot say that I have seen one of the pink Pathé labels, so if you have one and want to scan it, go for it! :D

I have a cream Actuelle Needle Cut label that just has the rooster-in-a-circle logo instead of the Pathé script, which I think is the other label you mentioned, and this already scanned and in my ‘labels to cut’ directory. ;)

Right now that directory includes several different Victor labels, several more Columbia labels, an Oxford, an Edison Bell label¹ that I wish did not have a tariff sticker affixed over the ‘ll’, an Emerson, a So-a-Tone, a The Winner (the tariff sticker on this is placed less annoyingly) and quite a few things that are on one backup DVD or another, as I burned everything off from all of John’s YouTube videos, since until recently I was always hurting for hard drive space, no matter how much space I had. (Right now I have over 3 TB.) I have quite a few DVDs of label scans and phonograph videos, and unfortunately, the label scans are in directories with their corresponding vidoeos, rather than all on one DVD. The latter would be too convenient. :?

If someone has a better sample of this Edison Bell label and would like to scan it, by all means do so. :D

...and I’m just about done with the vector graphic of the Pathé script. So hopefully that should be up later today.

Expect a lot more labels. :D

— MordEth

¹ You can see the label (Edison Bell-Winner 5514) at the beginning of the video of “Perfection” (J. H. White), as performed by The Commodore Grand Orchestra and played on John’s HMV 101 portable. I’m quite fond of the trumpet (played by Albert Coupe) on this song.
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here‘s the other Pathé that I had in my ‘labels to cut’ directory, although I was mistaken when I thought that it was a scan—this is actually one of the few label photographs I have taken that turned out well.

At some point I want to do a vector graphic of the circled rooster logo, also.

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here’s a label that I had scanned already but forgot to list a couple of posts ago as being in the waiting folder...

...and there are quite a few more forthcoming. :D

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

And now for an Emerson Record:

Stay tuned for more, although I’m currently leaning towards taking a break and cutting out a few more cylinders. Or maybe a machine.

— MordEth

B.B.B
Victor I

Post by B.B.B »

Here is a new one.
Its electrically recorded, but I hope it is OK anyways.
I just found this record in one of my local shops.
It's really good actually. The guy really can write good songs.
I hadn't heard him before. Do any of you other guys know anything about him, couldn't find any information when googling.
Attachments
CDdylan_time_out_of_mind.jpg
CDdylan_time_out_of_mind.jpg (96.63 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
Searching for The Sound

richardh

Post by richardh »

MordEth, (note the effort I went to with the coloured "E"!

I may have been thinking of an Actuelle label when I said a pink Pathé. I don't have one currently but it looked the same as your cream one but it was a definate pink colour. I remember being really annoyed as I accidentally broke the disk and then chucked it. That was in about 1983/4. It was a shame as it was a great dance tune on it and Ive never managed to find another copy.

RJ 8-)

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

B.B.B wrote:Here is a new one. Its electrically recorded, but I hope it is OK anyways.
B.B.B,

I think that’s the first CD that I’ve seen that reproduces a Columbia label. Here’s the transparency of it:

B.B.B wrote:It's really good actually. The guy really can write good songs.
I hadn't heard him before. Do any of you other guys know anything about him, couldn't find any information when googling.
If you’re still looking for information on Bob Dylan, I’d suggest to start with his Wikipedia page, although I think it’d be hard to Google him without finding any useful information.

Was Columbia even still using the Viva-tonal label in 1961 when Dylan started to record for that label?
richardh wrote:MordEth, (note the effort I went to with the coloured "E"!
Richard,

Thanks, although I use #AA0000 for my ‘E’, although our color-buttons on the side do not offer this color; you’d have to edit the hex color value it inserts.

I’m lazy and just type ‘bbmordeth’ (e.g. ‘bbcode mordeth’), which TextExpander converts to the BBCode for me. A lot of my more commonly-used links, etc. are done the same way here.
richardh wrote:I may have been thinking of an Actuelle label when I said a pink Pathé. I don't have one currently but it looked the same as your cream one but it was a definate pink colour.
Since both were Pathé Frères, I’m not going to quibble over the difference. ;)

If someone has a sample of this label and would like to provide an image of it, I’d be glad to cut it out for this forum.

Stay tuned for more labels! :D

— MordEth

B.B.B
Victor I

Post by B.B.B »

MordEth wrote:
B.B.B wrote:Here is a new one. Its electrically recorded, but I hope it is OK anyways.
B.B.B,

I think that’s the first CD that I’ve seen that reproduces a Columbia label. Here’s the transparency of it:

B.B.B wrote:It's really good actually. The guy really can write good songs.
If you’re still looking for information on Bob Dylan, I’d suggest to start with his Wikipedia page, although I think it’d be hard to Google him without finding any useful information.

Was Columbia even still using the Viva-tonal label in 1961 when Dylan started to record for that label?

— MordEth

Actually, I see Dylan as my brother. He's been with me since my diaper days.
I posted it 'cause I think it really looks cool. It's from 1997 an album that takes us back to his roots of the insanely productive years of 1964&65
Searching for The Sound