Edison 5000 Series Blue Amberol Values

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Zwebie
Victor IV
Personal Text: We are only the caretakers for future generations.

Re: Edison 5000 Series Blue Amberol Values

Post by Zwebie »

The highest priced BA which I can recall was $3300, a few years back.
It was a copy of #5704 - BUTTON UP YOUR OVERCOAT - FOX TROT, B.A.ROLFE & HIS ORCH.

Cheers, Bob S.

marco
Victor II

Re: Edison 5000 Series Blue Amberol Values

Post by marco »

52089 wrote:
CarlosV wrote:I presume the only attractiveness of these late amberols is their scarcity, as they are all dubbed from DDs, so soundwise buying the DD would be a better choice. On the high-price example, I would not want to listen to such tune more than once, neither ...
Yes, these are generally bought by people who are trying to build a complete set of BAs. Similarly, the records in the educational series of BAs, which have numbers in the regular popular series, are very rare and expensive, but you'll never listen to them. I've only seen 2 of these offered for sale in the last 20 years and both went for several hundred dollars.
I still have my near mint copy of Edison Blue Amberol 5647 "There's A Rainbow "Round My Shoulder" Fox Trot By the Golden Gate Orchestra. I would sell it for $300.00 or Best Offer. May need slight reaming as it has only been tested once; and a lot of the late Blue Amberols left the factory "un-reamed." I know this; as I used to have 12 of them in the 5600 and 5700 range that sold for $300.00 to $900.00. This is the last one I kept; as it was my favorite. Anyone can make an offer. PM or e-mail: ernestglen@outlook.com