The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: U-S Junior Phonograph Playing Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm 
Victor IV
In honor of the Christmas season I just now posted a video on my YouTube channel featuring my U-S Junior Phonograph playing a Christmas cylinder from my collection. As far as I can tell this is the first YouTube video featuring an external horn U-S phonograph playing. I posted a video of my U-S Grand phonograph playing earlier this year here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNelMme-N1Y

I selected one of my favorite Christmas cylinders to play this time of year, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" on a 4 minute Edison Blue Amberol cylinder.

I've been searching for MANY years trying to find a nice working U-S Junior or U-S Banner cylinder phonograph and finally found this one. I was delighted to find this one in extremely well cared for condition and with the very fragile pot metal reproducer and carriage assembly in fine condition. I'm still seeking a U-S Banner phonograph but for now I'm incredibly pleased with my U-S Junior here. I hope that those of you who wish to watch the video will enjoy it. As with all of my videos, there may be mistakes here and there. I post them for entertainment so your forgiveness (and enjoyment!) is appreciated.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy a happy, healthy Christmas season.
Doug

(Double-click the video above or click this link to go to the video on YouTube.)