Quality Edison Record sleeves source?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
larryh
Victor IV

Quality Edison Record sleeves source?

Post by larryh »

Thanks in advance for any thoughts here. I am putting finally a fairly large storage cabinet I just finished making in the living room. It will hold quite a few records. However with out doors on it at least for now, I am not sure about those bright yellow toned sleeves we see a lot of. Does any one have a source for maybe that dull green you see some or a brown similar to the Edison covers that came originally. The more subdued tones would fit better in the cabinet for now. Its about 8 foot high and 34 wide. I have three supports to keep the records from leaning to much or difficult to view. And some record sleeves are too tight for Edisons to easily be put in or removed.

Larry

Wolfe
Victor V

Re: Quality Edison Record sleeves source?

Post by Wolfe »

Bags Unlimited has 'antique' green sleeves.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/category/ ... er-sleeves

I've not seen anyone selling exact color repros of those Edison DD sleeves that are sort of grey-green.

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Thanks that looks like a good site, I will see if any other colors of sleeves happens to show up. The green would probably be acceptable for what I need.

Larry

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

A word about Bags Unlimited green sleeves, they're great when they're in stock. Last I heard, they were out of stock again, I just recently ordered a large number of their gold and white 10 inch sleeves. These also hold DDs just fine. I try to keep a good supply of all three colors on hand because I have my discs sleeved and sorted by genre / color (white - acoustic / yellow - electrics / green - classical).

Sean