Yes, Sir!, that's my junk shop find

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
bart1927
Victor II

Re: Yes, Sir!, that's my junk shop find

Post by bart1927 »

marcapra wrote:Yes, sir, that's my baby is a song that I consider one of the iconic signature tunes of the 1920s. To me it compares with the great Charleston. what are some other iconic tunes of the 20s? Another one would be Has anybody seen my gal? and maybe Bye, bye blackbird.
The Black Bottom, Baby Face, Where'd You Get Those Eyes, Crazy Words, Crazy Tune.

bart1927
Victor II

Post by bart1927 »

epigramophone wrote:
marcapra wrote:Yes, sir, that's my baby is a song that I consider one of the iconic signature tunes of the 1920s. To me it compares with the great Charleston. what are some other iconic tunes of the 20s? Another one would be Has anybody seen my gal? and maybe Bye, bye blackbird.
I have all of the above, but it took me many years to find the Charleston.
Another iconic 1920's tune is "I wonder where my baby is tonight?" which I have by Sam Lanin on Imperial and Percival Mackey on Columbia.
Actually, I believe the correct 1920's spelling is to-night ; )

I'm a little bit Charleston crazy, I have 6 different recordings of the tune. Both Ben Selvin's (one on Vocalion, one on Columbia), the Savoy Orpheans, Isham Jones, the Texas Ten and of course Paul Whiteman.

BassetHoundTrio
Victor I

Post by BassetHoundTrio »

I use my wife's Zoom recorder (which has two mics) and I plug it into my camera (I don't know how to sync audio and video). Thank you, for all of those messages back and forth for many days to assist me in getting my Mark IX up and running properly after I acquired it! You were so kind and helpful!
OrthoSean wrote:
Thank you for your kind words. My apologies for the very late response, but I moved in the fall and haven't been on the TMF for months. It is only because the one and only Graham Rankin was just visiting me, and told me of your post. What a great man - full of knowledge and love of music. We listened to many records - he even had me play my now neglected Victor Credenza, on which the EMG sits (it took me a while to find the soundbox for the Credenza) which was an interesting comparison, as I hadn't heard it since I acquired the EMG. For those interested, I use a Canon 5D Mark II digital SLR camera to record the videos that I post to YouTube, with a Zoom H4 recorder plugged directly into the camera for the microphones. The H4 is set about 7 feet from the mouth of the horn. Again, thank you for your comment - quite a bit of effort goes into the videos I post.
Ah-ha, I thought you were a member here! I still remember the day you brought home that Mk IX and we exchanged many messages about them. I thought I had recalled you telling me about the recording setup you used, I guess my memory isn't so dim after all :lol:

I only wish I had the time to post videos of mine with such a setup, but it just isn't possible.

Sean