Funny song by Billy Murray 1919!

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Funny song by Billy Murray 1919!

Post by marcapra »

I was going through my Blue Amberols in order to weed out records I want to sell. I came across 3662 from 1919 I Want a Doll by Billy Murray. Although it's not a great record from a musical view, or a very good recording from a technical view, it's a record that will make you smile, then laugh if you listen to the end. Half way through I thought, well it's an OK record, now it will just repeat everything again and end. But the lyrics keep changing and it gets funnier and funnier. I don't think it's on a Diamond Disc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_1S7vE5FPY

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Funny song by Billy Murray 1919!

Post by gramophoneshane »

A friend of mine played me this song about a year ago, and I too found it quite funny. I'd love to find a copy myself.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

SHANE! You're back! :D

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:SHANE! You're back! :D
I never really left and have been reading the forum pretty much daily.
I have however made so huge changes since I stopped posting.
I sold my family home of 45 yrs, took nearly 18 months to pack and move my collection, in 2 x 40' shipping containers, bought a house 5 hours away in a country town with a population of about 650 people, bought a heap of machines I'd always wanted including things like an Edison 1A, a trade mark machine, Pathé disc phonograph, an Edison 75, and even managed to replace my hmv 202 which I had sold and regretted from the moment it left the house.
I also shouted myself a nice little restored 1929 Austin 7 which I simply adore.
So Ive been gradually renovating the new 1930's house I bought and filling it with my junk.
It's been a long process, but I'm loving the new house and town, and have no regrets about leaving suburbia, except perhaps that I didn't do it sooner.
Life is good

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

One of my favorites!I also have the sheet music to it.edisonplayer PS:It was never issued on Diamond Disc.