Shellac Record arrived Broken from Ebay seller on arrival

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
tomb
Victor IV

Re: Shellac Record arrived Broken from Ebay seller on arriva

Post by tomb »

I ordered some records on E bay and when the mailman delivered them he set them on the motor that opens my driveway gate. When the gate opened the boxes of records got caught between the gate and the fence. Of the 30 records luckily only ten were broke. I felt bad for the seller as my bid was low and he probably paid almost as much in postage as the records bid. As they were media mail and uninsured I got nothing. Tom

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

ODIE3 wrote:man, that is a bummer. I actually want that record myself and my girls love that song! I have Patti / Hocus Pocus :)

"Doggie In the Window" is my daughters absolute favorite record too.

The worst I have seen in my own experience was an ebay seller who boxed up an album with NO packing materials and mailed them to me. I was amazed to see all of the 12 in. records were not broken somehow.

Nigel
Victor Jr

Post by Nigel »

travisgreyfox wrote:
ODIE3 wrote:man, that is a bummer. I actually want that record myself and my girls love that song! I have Patti / Hocus Pocus :)

"Doggie In the Window" is my daughters absolute favorite record too.

The worst I have seen in my own experience was an ebay seller who boxed up an album with NO packing materials and mailed them to me. I was amazed to see all of the 12 in. records were not broken somehow.
Darn, you must have A lucky Angel on your shoulder! :D

I ordered A new one, And it arrived safely.

But like I said before, I feel sad when one breaks. Because they dont get made anymore, and 1 broken shellac record is one more we will never get back! :(