Meta Seinemeyer - Liszt Liebestraum No.3 (1929) - In Stereo!

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
transformingArt
Victor I
Personal Text: Veritas Est Bonus Amicus Mea!

Meta Seinemeyer - Liszt Liebestraum No.3 (1929) - In Stereo!

Post by transformingArt »

[youtubehq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKvT4jH_HX8[/youtubehq]

(Note: Please activate 480p Function for watching this video properly!)

Meta Seinemeyer (1895.9.5 ~ 1929.8.19.) sings Liszt's famous lieder, "Liebestraum" No.3, 'O lieb, so lang du lieben kannst' (O love, so long as you can!), for Odeon. Recorded on March 18th, 1929. This is a British Parlophone label pressed around 1931. Seinemeyer was famous for her exceptionally fine spinto soprano voice.

Although she tragically died of leukemia at the age of 33, she made more than 100 recordings from 1925 until 1929. This was recorded on her last session, five months before her death. Her voice is really perfect for this romantic song; full of life, full of romanticism, almost 'divine' powerfulness, and even little bit of sex appeal.

Played on my Numark turntable. However, this time, I rendered this recording with my own developed special stereo program - inspired by the Truesound Transfers' renditions of acoustic recordings. Despite the hiss and crackles which I left without applying any filtering jobs, you can hear Seinemeyer's voice more clearly and vividly. (As I wrote above, activate 480p Mode for proper listening!) Hope you'll like this and comment about it.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Meta Seinemeyer - Liszt Liebestraum No.3 (1929) - In Stereo!

Post by gramophoneshane »

Wow! I gave it a listen with earphones, and you can really hear what a good job you've done with the transfer. It sounds wonderful!
Do you take requests :lol: ;)
Thanks for sharing.