Adapters for oversized spindle-hole records?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
eighteenbelow
Victor I

Adapters for oversized spindle-hole records?

Post by eighteenbelow »

Does anyone know of someone who makes easily reusable adapters for oversized spindle-hole records like Standard, United, Harmony, etc.? I don't own any of those machines, but I do own a lot of those records, and would be delighted to be able to play them on my Victors and Columbias.

Thanks!

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Re: Adapters for oversized spindle-hole records?

Post by Roaring20s »

Le0 wrote:hi, it's been a while since I visited the forum... I received inquiries for a new run, last time I made 3 sets but couldn't make more at the time.
now I have free access to the required tooling so feel free to ask for a set so I have an idea of the quantity I need to produce.
This is from Aug 18, 2018...
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... t&start=10

James.

eighteenbelow
Victor I

Post by eighteenbelow »

Thanks, James. I tried the two people on that thread; one says he doesn't have any more, and the other is non-responsive.

If anyone else out there has any leads on adapter sets for odd-sized spindle-hole records, I would be grateful for them. I would really like to get a set.

Thanks!

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

I made a bunch a while ago. They're made on a sheet and will have rough edges, so a little sanding or filing will be needed. If you PM me your address, I'll send you a set (on me, assuming shipping is in the USA).

ScottMusil
Victor Jr

Post by ScottMusil »

I make adapters for oversized spindle records. They are laser cut and engraved from ¼" birch plywood. I still have several sets available for $20 + $4 shipping.