78rpmcommunity...record cataloger software, anyone?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

78rpmcommunity...record cataloger software, anyone?

Post by nostalgia »

Does someone has this free 78 record cataloger software on file? I registered with the 78rpmcommunity today, but they seem to have problems with their website, and I cant access neither the software page, nor the forum. If someone has the program on file, and can pm me I would appreciate it much. I want to try to finally organize my 78 rpm records, before they give me a bigger headache;)
Thank you,
-Nostalgia-

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Re: 78rpmcommunity...record cataloger software, anyone?

Post by Orchorsol »

I remember looking at it and thought it excellent but too detailed for my own needs. I started my own Excel spreadsheet homespun system around 20 years ago and it still suits me and my collection.

I joined the 78rpm community briefly some years ago but found the pages took an age to load, and soon gave up on it - it seemed to me one needed to have the fastest and most up to date computer and internet connection. That still seems to be somewhat the case, but despite that I'd like to participate, and tried to register again a couple of weeks ago. I had problems with the registration page, sent their admin a message but have yet to receive a reply. I know it's probably 90% me being a bit of an old fashioned semi-technophobe luddite, but does anyone else find it "technologically unfriendly"?
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

Visiting there a while back, it seemed like a bit of (virtual) ghost town, apart from the odd hombre wandering through.

BillH_NJ
Victor II

Post by BillH_NJ »

It looks interesting but I have nearly 1000 (out of a lot more) records in a Ninox database already. It isn’t of any use to me unless I can import existing records from another file.

nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Post by nostalgia »

I also decided to drop the whole community, as you say,,it looks like a virtual ghost town over there, and the forum is for sure a ghost town. I better find another way to organize my 78 rpm records.

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

The attached Excel file may come in handy. It contains discographies for most of the major labels. It's accuracy is not known but I use it on occasion and find it to be accurate...
Attachments
All.xls
(23.68 MiB) Downloaded 80 times