Have you seen this record label?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
FredSugarHall_fan
Victor Jr
Personal Text: An enthusiastic collector of dance band 78rpm records from the 1920s and 1930s. I love Fred Hall!

Re: Have you seen this record label?

Post by FredSugarHall_fan »

Inigo wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:27 am Looks also similar in pressing and label typos to a 1920s Pathé Actuelle or Perfect record. No numbers or anything can be seen in the plain area around the label or under it?
Just this one number - 7132, the same as the catalog number on the label - is visible in the runout area. The number 7131 is visible in the same area on the back.

By the way, I took a listen to the record on my Victrola, and was quite pleased with the music on it. I do believe it is electrically recorded. The flute solo is very quiet and peaceful (quite relaxing), but it can be heard over the minimal surface noise, and the violin solo is definitely not my favorite, but it plays loud and clear (also, both songs feature piano accompaniment). Regardless of rarity or value, this was a fantastic find!
Attachments
20240101_003001.jpg

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Homer Bonebrake DeMoss
More than you wanted to know ...
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/435 ... ake-demoss

A memorial service for Homer B. DeMoss of Wilsonville, a former concert musician, will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Lake Baptist Church in Lake Oswego with final commitment in Forest View Cemetery in Forest Grove.
Mr. DeMoss died Sunday in his home. He was 82.

Mr. DeMoss was born in DeMoss Springs in Oregon's Sherwood County. He studied music in New York City and London. Starting at an early age, he traveled extensively until 1931 with his musical family, performing concert music throughout the United States. He played a variety of instruments but concentrated on the flute and also sand with the group.

After marrying in 1931, he left the group and lived in Eugene for about 50 years, performing in local bands and orchestras until his retirement in 1982. He lived the last three years in Wilsonville.
Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 3.01.16 PM.png
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

FredSugarHall_fan
Victor Jr
Personal Text: An enthusiastic collector of dance band 78rpm records from the 1920s and 1930s. I love Fred Hall!

Post by FredSugarHall_fan »

Curt A wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:07 pm Homer Bonebrake DeMoss

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/435 ... ake-demoss

A memorial service for Homer B. DeMoss of Wilsonville, a former concert musician, will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Lake Baptist Church in Lake Oswego with final commitment in Forest View Cemetery in Forest Grove.
Mr. DeMoss died Sunday in his home. He was 82.

Mr. DeMoss was born in DeMoss Springs in Oregon's Sherwood County. He studied music in New York City and London. Starting at an early age, he traveled extensively until 1931 with his musical family, performing concert music throughout the United States. He played a variety of instruments but concentrated on the flute and also sand with the group.

After marrying in 1931, he left the group and lived in Eugene for about 50 years, performing in local bands and orchestras until his retirement in 1982. He lived the last three years in Wilsonville.
Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 3.01.16 PM.png
Wow! What a find! Thank you for the information! I suppose this is the guy who plays the flute solo (on what is in my opinion the better side of the record).

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

... and the name of the violin brother would be Elbert Tonebrake DeMoss...??? :lol: :lol:
Inigo