Heineman Junior 6806 portable motor ?

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
littlebluedog
Victor Jr

Heineman Junior 6806 portable motor ?

Post by littlebluedog »

First time buyer here of what I thought was a Victrola powered portable player model 012 . But I find out it has a Heineman type JUNIOR 6806 phonograph motor, made by The General Industries Co. Elyria, Ohio. USA.
Their claim to fame is that they were the last of the original talking machine company that started Victrola phonographs. I could have this wrong.
I would like to remove the coil spring inside the drum and give it a clean and new lubricant. The rest is easy to access to oil. I removed the pinch clip and counter threaded screw on the pin centered in the drum. There is something still holding the assembly and I don't see it.
Any advice appreciated.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Heineman Junior 6806 portable motor ?

Post by JerryVan »

littlebluedog wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 am Their claim to fame is that they were the last of the original talking machine company that started Victrola phonographs. I could have this wrong.
I think you've been misinformed about that.
There is something still holding the assembly and I don't see it.
We can't see it either. ;) Can you post some pictures please.

littlebluedog
Victor Jr

Post by littlebluedog »

Not for now. Stuck it back together and going to see if it can play a full 78 disk.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

littlebluedog wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:11 pm Not for now. Stuck it back together and going to see if it can play a full 78 disk.
Don't expect an answer later...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife