How do you take the motor board out of a Pathé Actuelle?

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

How do you take the motor board out of a Pathé Actuelle?

Post by marcapra »

I bought an Actuelle model J today. It needs to be refinished. I tried to take the motor board out, but couldn't because of the lid stay that goes through the motor board. I unscrewed the lid stay from the lid, but that doesn't help because the stay goes through the motor board and connects on the hardware screwed onto the cabinet below. I tried to slip the stay through the slot in the motor board, but it won't go through. I read the directions in the Actuelle owners manual on how to remove the motor and they don't even mention the lid stay. I guess I could unscrew the motor from the board and leave the board in, but the manual says to not do that. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Marc.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: How do you take the motor board out of a Pathé Actuelle?

Post by marcapra »

After thinking through this problem I found the answer. You have to put a towel down on the front panel so you don't scratch it and carefully rest the motor board there. Then you use a screwdriver to unscrew the hardware that holds the stay at the bottom. Then the stay can be released from the cabinet and the stay can then be removed from the motor board.

Henry
Victor V

Re: How do you take the motor board out of a Pathé Actuelle?

Post by Henry »

Glad you solved your problem. Read on:

Regarding this forum, here's a policy question for moderators: "TMF Tech Support" is for technical issues related to the site, correct? Technical issues related to phonographs belong in the "Machines" or "Tips, Tricks, & Tutorials" fora, I assume.