Expedition reproducer all screws stripped

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
morgantheavenger
Victor I

Re: Expedition reproducer all screws stripped

Post by morgantheavenger »

Actually there is someone that is on my eBay seller contacts that sells the reproduction of these screws he actually sells them all I'm surprised here is one of the pics of the sets of screws he sells wow I'm shocked I guess I can drill them out now way thank god I had him on my contact page lol thanks man I thank you
Attachments
image.jpg

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

morgantheavenger wrote:Actually there is someone that is on my eBay seller contacts that sells the reproduction of these screws he actually sells them all I'm surprised here is one of the pics of the sets of screws he sells wow I'm shocked I guess I can drill them out now way thank god I had him on my contact page lol thanks man I thank you
Well that's a lucky break. However, just to clarify......the seller (well known and respected) is selling a set of "original" flange screws and not reproductions. Based on your first post "all screws are stripped", I assumed you would need to replace "all". That said.....I see the seller is selling all the screws needed for an Exhibition. So, if you think you may need "others" while attempting to rebuild.......you may want to grab them while you can... ;).

Since it seems your "flange" screws are the main issue and given your rubber flange will need to be replaced. There is no need to drill. Just break apart the rubber and this will expose the screws to the point you can "vise grip" them from the side and remove. Should be a very easy task.
I believe the seller of the screws can also provide you with "all" the parts you will need to put your Exhibition back to new (at least sounding) again.

Hope this helps and best of luck. Show us pics after the rebuild and let us know how you make out... :).

I almost forgot........welcome to the forum. You will find many helpful members on here to help answer any questions you may have on talking machines... ;).

morgantheavenger
Victor I

Post by morgantheavenger »

Yeah thanks man I will let you know how the rebuilding goes thank you very much

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Morgan,

Those screws do not really look so bad. The rubber flange screws can be removed as the other poster suggests, (by breaking away the old rubber). The other screws don't look so awful either. Please don't drill anything out. If you absolutely can't get them out with a good, sharp screw driver then please send me a PM and I'll take it apart for you free of charge, (you pay postage both ways however).