LU37 Rebuild

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
edisonc250
Victor O
Personal Text: John McCormick Forever, Cal Stewart Never!!

LU37 Rebuild

Post by edisonc250 »

Schmaltz
Victor I
Personal Text: "Shut Your Eyes and See" (J. Joyce)

Re: LU37 Rebuild

Post by Schmaltz »

That looks like it will be a nice looking machine when you're done. I'm curious about what's in the lower compartment; it doesn't look like the vertical slats that my own LU37 has.
Visit the virtual jukebox at The Old Schmaltz Archives.

edisonc250
Victor O

Post by edisonc250 »

Thanks..it has been fun so far. The Slats are not back in I had to clean those I will post pics when I am completed with it hopefully by the week end.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

edisonc250 wrote:I will post pics when I am completed with it hopefully by the week end.
edisonc250,

Welcome to The Talking Machine Forum! (I’ve been meaning to send you a welcome message, but I hadn’t gotten around to doing it yet.)

Your work so far looks very good, and I’m looking forward to seeing the additional pictures.

Is that the original grille cloth?

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]
Linked photos included inline for viewing convenience (in the same order they were linked):
dscn0780n.jpg
dscn0815o.jpg
dscn0816a.jpg
before
before
after
after
lu37bedplate.jpg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

edisonc250
Victor O

Post by edisonc250 »

Ref the grill..the grill is the original...it was in pieces..hard to put back together but i did it...the cloth is new from Joann Fabrics (with the help from the wife)...Thanks for the warm welcome!!..I will post more pics when i am done.. you can also check out my C250 in operation at youtube.com/edisonc250