Victrola Credenza X Orthophonic Reproducer ?'s

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
Jayl65
Victor Jr

Victrola Credenza X Orthophonic Reproducer ?'s

Post by Jayl65 »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum as I am in the process of acquiring a Victrola Orthophonic Credenza X. I would like to find a restorer who can rebuild the reproducer but after searching this forum many times I keep hitting dead ends. Either the web sites are down or unfortunately the restorer has passed away. Can anyone recommend someone who would be able to rebuild an Orthophonic reproducer? I would not attempt it myself as it would be my first rebuild. I do intend to restore the electric induction motor and touch up the case. Any leads would be great. I can find websites by searching on Google who claim they can successfully restore them ,but I don't know enough to choose who might do a better job. Suggestions please.

Victor VI

Re: Victrola Credenza X Orthophonic Reproducer ?'s

Post by 52089 »

Peter Wall has been recommended many times (including by me), but he has been very unpredictable and uncommunicative in recent years. I think Walt Sommers of Gettysburg does these, but I have no firsthand knowledge of his work in this area.

Your best bet these days is probably Wyatt Markus, a.k.a., MicaMonster on the board. Excellent work and fast turnaround.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

52089 wrote:Peter Wall has been recommended many times (including by me), but he has been very unpredictable and uncommunicative in recent years. I think Walt Sommers of Gettysburg does these, but I have no firsthand knowledge of his work in this area.

Your best bet these days is probably Wyatt Markus, a.k.a., MicaMonster on the board. Excellent work and fast turnaround.

Walt Sommers does excellent work
Last edited by estott on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayl65
Victor Jr

Post by Jayl65 »

PM'd Wyatt Marcus aka. Micamonster and he replied very quickly. Great first impression and lighting fast response. He'll be getting my business for sure. Thanks for the advice.

BassetHoundTrio
Victor I

Post by BassetHoundTrio »

Does anyone have contact information for Peter Wall? I am rebuilding an EMG 2-spring soundbox with a broken spring and wanted to ask if he has any replacements, or can make them, and also about the rubber which seals against the tonearm. I seem to recall that he has at least one EMG and one Expert gramophone.