Paint Spatters On Cabinets

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Paint Spatters On Cabinets

Post by MordEth »

JohnM wrote:Absolutely . . . almost goes without saying!
John,

I try to avoid that almost, as based on my experience, the minute you don’t remind people of something that important, they neglect to consider it...

But I imagine most of the people reading this thread would be concerned with the finish on their machines, and would realize that.

When I worked at an ACE Hardware store (my first job after graduating high school), we also got quite a bit of use out of Goo Gone, although not for paint. It’s great for stickers and quite a few other things, particularly stuff with a sticky residue that is difficult to remove. Unlike the Goof-Off, it will not damage a finish.

I wish I had more suggestions for removing paint that I felt would not be detrimental to the finish.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.