Adjusting Horn/Tone-Arm Assembly On DD Phonographs

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
Neophone
Victor III

Adjusting Horn/Tone-Arm Assembly On DD Phonographs

Post by Neophone »

Folks,

The recent issue Brad had with differing TT heights on a couple of Diamond Disc machines calls to mind a thread from a long time ago and a board far, far away discussing adjusting the horn height on DD phonos. Here's a few images I made way back then. A picture is worth a thousand words.....

Regards,
John
Attachments
S-19-Horn-03.jpg
S-19-Horn-03.jpg (67.72 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
S-19-Horn-02.jpg
S-19-Horn-02.jpg (93.5 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
S-19-Horn-01.jpg
S-19-Horn-01.jpg (41.23 KiB) Viewed 2014 times

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Victor78
Victor I

Re: Adjusting Horn/Tone-Arm Assembly On DD Phonographs

Post by Victor78 »

Thanks John, always nice to have a visual reference. This is also explained in the manual that Mordeth posted in the Archives "New Edison Disc Motor". Stuff like this is always nice to keep handy when working on a particular machine. Thanks again!

- Jim

larryh
Victor IV

Re: Adjusting Horn/Tone-Arm Assembly On DD Phonographs

Post by larryh »

I also ran into the upper two screws that hold the lifting rod in place being not tightened when the arm was fully down which threw it out so it didn't want to stay up and it also threw the lower adjustment off. Can't recall the exact sequence at the moment. I finally went by the instruction manual that is floating around to get the scoop on reinstalling the horn adjusting rod from scratch.