YouTube problems.

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
emgcr
Victor IV

YouTube problems.

Post by emgcr »

The science behind YouTube is breathtakingly superb but the everyday management is something else. I have just wasted many valuable hours over two weeks trying to get a sensible answer to solve a new problem. This has proved totally impossible in spite of repeated emails to YT and asinine responses.

The Video Manager conveniently lists all uploads for the channel operator and there have been no problems as far as I am concerned for many years. However, recently it became impossible to get out of “Edit” mode whatever action was taken. This is extremely inconvenient and even dangerous as to send a link not in “Public URL” mode would risk the possibility of the recipient (or anyone else) being able to change the video content. I asked YT for an explanation and solution, mentioning that their systems had been changed. They did not even understand the question and blandly said there were no problems with any of their systems---then did not even reply when I said that there were problems and that I had them !

As luck would have it, I happened upon the solution by accident. Under their new regime, if you click on the video title in the Video Manager master list you will always be in “Edit” mode whatever you do. However, if you click on the picture of the video you will go straight to the “Public URL” mode as previously in recent years. Quite why they have altered their systems and made this distinction is beyond me but clearly most of their staff do not know (or care) about it.

Hope this helps everyone else.

larryh
Victor IV

Re: YouTube problems.

Post by larryh »

Your right about most internet companies, they simply don't have any actual personal help. On you tube when you get a comment that needs approval or deletion your often stuck with none of the links working so that you can't add the comment or get rid of it. There are endless comments on google about this issue and seemingly no one at you tube or google is the least bit interested in fixing it. Some times I think the computer is the opposite of being an improvement.