Leather belt material

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
dutchman
Victor IV

Leather belt material

Post by dutchman »

Who sells the best leather belt material. I have some purchased long time ago but it seems too narrow and too thick. I have to replace the belt on my Gem machine.. Thanks

Bill K

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Leather belt material

Post by Jerry B. »

Using the search feature of the Forum reminded me that "MicaMonster" (Wyatt), a Forum member, sells the best belt material. I'm one of his customers and I couldn't be more pleased with his product.

Jerry Blais

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Thanks Jerry. While searching MicaMonster came up as having the best belt material, I sent him PM but no response yet. The belt is the only thing I need to get my GEM up and running. Thanks. Cheers

Bill K

hearsedriver
Victor III

Post by hearsedriver »

This is the best belt material in my opinion:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Leather-B ... SwK6RZGjj6

Walt (VictrolaGuy - Walt) is a member here and a heck of a nice guy. His leather belts are thin like the originals, very flexible, and quiet running. Ive never had any issues with stretch or anything else either.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I'll second what Jerry said. Wyatt's belts are the best, and very inexpensive. It's around $1.25- $1.50 a foot. Keep trying, and you'll get him. He's pretty busy.
Harvey Kravitz
Jerry B. wrote:Using the search feature of the Forum reminded me that "MicaMonster" (Wyatt), a Forum member, sells the best belt material. I'm one of his customers and I couldn't be more pleased with his product.

Jerry Blais

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Got hold of Wyatt right after I posted and the material is on the way, he expedited my order.. :D :D Cheers

Bill K