How to maintain Edison Home Phonograph

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
GoCOOGS!
Victor I

How to maintain Edison Home Phonograph

Post by GoCOOGS! »

Hey y’all! So as some of you have read, I’ve recently acquired an Edison Home Model A with a Cygnet No. 11 horn. I’ve confirmed the horn set up I have is not detrimental to the machine. However I would like some pointers on how to properly maintain it. I’ve spend a few days trying to research that on here and throughout the internet but I haven’t really gotten any info on maintaining it. I’d like to know what lubricant I should use, where I should lube the machine what vessel I should use and other maintenance tips to keep it lasting another 100 years. Also, tips on keeping the Model K reproducer in tip top shape. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
0C4E6EA4-57E5-485C-AC8A-C53A9DD9B03E.jpeg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: How to maintain Edison Home Phonograph

Post by phonogfp »

Pete Stratford
Victor II

Post by Pete Stratford »

To me it looks like your horn is hanging a little awkward. Could you post a picture of the crane that is holding it so we can see if it is all correct. Here is a picture of what the horn support should look like. If you click on the picture it will rotate to the correct position.
Thanks
Pete
Attachments
IMG_0209.JPG

GoCOOGS!
Victor I

Post by GoCOOGS! »

Thanks! I had the crane on backwards but I corrected it!
Pete Stratford wrote:To me it looks like your horn is hanging a little awkward. Could you post a picture of the crane that is holding it so we can see if it is all correct. Here is a picture of what the horn support should look like. If you click on the picture it will rotate to the correct position.
Thanks
Pete

GoCOOGS!
Victor I

Post by GoCOOGS! »

The logo on top of the Horn is missing, should I keep it as it is or get a new decal?

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

GoCOOGS! wrote:The logo on top of the Horn is missing, should I keep it as it is or get a new decal?
Your choice. Has the horn been repainted?

Bill