Victor missing part of tone arm, strange. Advice?!

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
USlakeside
Victor III

Re: Victor missing part of tone arm, strange. Advice?!

Post by USlakeside »

Looks like mine is a II or III in scale. I will likely have the machine in the next two weeks so I will investigate in further then, Thanks for the pics.

Edisone
Victor IV

Post by Edisone »

Looking at your photos again, I am thinking: If the nickel plating goes all the way to the edge of your tone-arm, how can it be missing a piece?

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

I will have to check it out when it gets here, but the person I purchased from said it was missing. Not sure if they know its missing or suspect its missing because it doesn't look exactly like a regular victor arm. The waiting kills me!

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

So I received my machine today in the mail and it indeed has the "heel" of the tone arm missing. It looks like it was soldered on at one point an is simply wacked off? Strange. The scale of the machine is vic III size, but with a single spring motor.

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

The current solution is not correct, but its working well. I have tied a small piece of sring to the tone arm cross support, and its counterpart, inside the tone arm. The string is loose enough to have no impact whatsoever on the movement of the tone arm but keeps the tone arm flush, where it is supposed to be, in the back bracket.