Replacing rubber on Edison Home

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
MikeB
Victor II

Replacing rubber on Edison Home

Post by MikeB »

I need to replace these rubber parts on an Edison Home Suitcase model. Would standard rubber washers work, or does something else work better?

Thanks.
Attachments
Rubber 1.jpg
Rubber 2.jpg
rubber 3.jpg

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Re: Replacing rubber on Edison Home

Post by NEFaurora »

I would think that you can remove the Originals that are there and go down to your local ACE Hardware store and compare them with some Modern ones... One would think that you'll find something very close..

Don't know of anyone in particular that Repro's these....but I'm sure that others here will gladly offer their suggestions as to what they used in their restorations..

I'm sure that Wyatt and Martin on here on the TMF will gladly tell you what they normally use..

:o)

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

Ron Sitko has great repros of these. I kit will do 1 Home A or suitcase Home. I have one of these in a drawer waiting to be installed in my suitcase Home. I have installed these in a home A... they are a perfect fit.
Last edited by phonojim on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

Post by MicaMonster »

I 2nd Ron’s rubber washers, and rubber pads. 4 rubber pads for all 4 corners of the upper casting, two rubber washers for eh 2-upper casting bolts (sandwiched between washers), and 6 rubber washers for motor casting. One above the casting, and one below (with the nut and washer)
-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

And another recommendation for Ron Sitko.

I am repairing a near-mint original Edison banner Home for a non-collector friend. His great-great-grandfather supposedly owned the machine back in 1903. All rubber was present but petrified, so I called Mr. Sitko & he set me up with the appropriate "shock absorbers" at a very low price.

Incidentally the rubber motor mounts also work on the Model A Standards, which is nice.