Are columbia front mount and analyzing reproducers the same?

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
USlakeside
Victor III

Are columbia front mount and analyzing reproducers the same?

Post by USlakeside »

Trying to buy a reproduction front mount reproducer on ebay that looks identical to the analyzing one on my BI sterling, except for the throat. I need the needle housing and micas from the reproduction, and using this and swapping those parts out is drastically cheaper than buying just the parts from APSCO.

Does anyone know if they are the same size?

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Are columbia front mount and analyzing reproducers the same?

Post by gramophoneshane »

I've been watching this post since it appeared, and cant believe no-one would know the answer. I wonder if you should repost it in the main forum?
My "guess" is that they are the same size, but guesses aren't much good when forking out cash is involved ;)

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

Well I found out myself. They ARE. I bought a reproduction from eBay because I needed a small part for my Analyzing and aside from the casing with long throat they are the same.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

gramophoneshane wrote:I've been watching this post since it appeared, and cant believe no-one would know the answer. I wonder if you should repost it in the main forum?
My "guess" is that they are the same size, but guesses aren't much good when forking out cash is involved ;)
Yea I think if you want to get attention on it, posting in the main forum is usually better. Good that you found the answer anyway.