Victor Horn Rivet

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
Zeppy
Victor III

Victor Horn Rivet

Post by Zeppy »

I have a Victor 1 horn that someone popped the rivet that hold the horn in place in the elbow (a small hole remains in its place). I haven't been able to find anything similar, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what could be used in it's place, or how to repair this little missing piece

Thanks
JP

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Victor Horn Rivet

Post by Jerry B. »

If it were me, it'd take a slotted screw slightly bigger than the missing rivet. I'd place it in my cordless drill and hold it against a file and reduce it to the correct size. Then I'd file away the top to remove the slot. Next I would thread the nut onto the screw and cut the screw as close to the nut as possible. Then I would take my new rivet/screw and attach it to the horn. If the threaded portion of the screw was about the same size as the existing hole, you might cut it quite short and JB weld it to the horn and forget the nut. I would look better. Do others have an easier solution?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Zeppy, did you try this?

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

haven't gotten around to it yet...been a touch busy, and my phono projects have been on standby...I will let you know (and post the requisite before and after pics) once I have a little time...but thanks for asking.

:)